Thursday, December 4, 2008

Paris, Day 3

Paris, Day 3

Well, day 3. We went to the Louvre!

Photobucket

Here’s the entrance…it’s not really that recognizable is it?

Photobucket

Oh wait! I recognize that! It was in that movie with Tom Hanks based off a book by Dan Brown! Also, notice my relatively small stomach. Phew!

The Louvre was really amazing…but I actually didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have. I was feeling a bit burned out at this point, especially with museums. Vy and I had recently been to the Kunsthistoriches (art history) museum in Vienna and it was really similar. That’s not to say we were fast – we spent a few hours inside. Actually, this courtyard was pretty amazing too, we hung out here and ate…see?

Photobucket

Not sure what’s going on with my face here.

Photobucket

After the Louvre, we went on another walk and ended up at this government building…it had a huge sand play area out front! Check out that sky!

Photobucket

Paris skyline…not actually night, but my camera is really pretty good…I’m having fun messing with the settings to get different photos!

Photobucket

This is the Notre Dame! We didn’t get a chance to go in.

Photobucket

And to end the day…here was the only successful French restaurant choice we made. I had a very tasty pate of some kind with red wine.

No comments: